Spring 2016 Graduate Hooding Information
Thursday, May 12, 2016 from 7:00 p.m.–9:00 p.m. (EST)
Graduates Arrival Time: 6:00 p.m.
Where: Thompson-Boling Assembly Center and Arena
Academic Regalia (Cap and Gown): A strong tradition of commencement is the wearing of uniform academic regalia. The uniformity of regalia symbolizes that each graduate has fulfilled the same requirements for that degree.
The official colors for Master’s and Doctoral Hoods for CEHHS students are listed below:
- Master of Arts (MA) – White
- Master of Music Education (M.Music) – Pink
- Master of Public Administration (MPA) – Peacock Blue
- Master of Public Health (MPH) – Salmon Pink
- Master of Science (MS) – Gold
- Master of Educational Specialist (EdS) – Light Blue
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) – Dark Blue
Only those dressed in proper academic regalia will be allowed to participate. Please visit the UT Bookstore for ordering information. For more information on the university graduate hooding ceremony, please click here.
Click here to see a chart containing your proper hood color based upon the degree you are earning.