The college provides a unique opportunity for its best and brightest students to use classroom learning in solving real-world problems. Through the college’s honors program, students have an opportunity to apply knowledge and skills specific to their academic majors to their work with individuals and/or groups in the community.
Admission to the college’s Honors program is competitive, and applicants should be aware that meeting the minimum admission criteria does not ensure program entry. In addition to fulfillment of the minimum requirements shown below, applicants should note that an individual’s personal objectives, type of field setting desired, availability of adequate faculty supervision, as well as total number of applicants are determinants in the selection process. Applicants should also note that participation in this particular honors program does not preclude participation in other honors programs.
- Admitted or applicant to one of the college’s undergraduate majors
- Attainment of a minimum cumulative 3.50 GPA (based on the completion of at least 15 semester credit hours)
- Submission of CEHHS Honors program application to Tammy Renalds at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hard copies of the application are available in CEHHS Undergraduate Advising Center or by clicking the word application and printing the application
- Individual meeting with departmental coordinator
Students who successfully complete the 12-hour program requirements and maintain a minimum cumulative 3.50 GPA will be recognized during commencement and have their participation in the Honors Program so noted on their official transcript.
Students interested in further information regarding the program should contact the CEHHS Undergraduate Advising Center in Bailey Education Complex 332 or call 865-974-8194.
Additional information is available in the undergraduate catalog.