Are you a current CEHHS student or thinking about changing your major? Please see below.
Schedule an Advising Appointment
If you are a:
- Current UT student pursuing Teacher Education, you may have more than one advisor depending on your licensing area. If you are interested in a licensing area that requires selection of a major in the College of Arts and Sciences (English Ed, some Secondary Ed programs, etc.) and a minor in our college, you will first need to meet with an A&S advisor. Any Teacher Education student who has met with our office previously should be able to schedule an appointment as described above under “current CEHHS undergraduate students.” If you run into issues, please email your teacher licensure specialist directly or contact our main office at 865-974-8194.
- Current UT student who has not met with our office before, but hopes to pursue a Teacher Education program, please follow the “Change of major students” procedures listed below.
- Prospective high school student interested in Teacher Education, please follow the “Prospective Students” step listed below.
- Transfer student interested in Teacher Education, please follow the “Transfer Students” step listed below.
- Student who has already earned a bachelor’s degree and hopes to pursue a post-baccalaureate program, job-embedded program, or additional endorsements, please read the information on the page correlating to your interest area by choosing the hyperlink in this paragraph about initiating review for your intended program.
If you are currently pursuing a major or program outside of our college and want to pursue a CEHHS major or teacher education program click on the appropriate link to request an advising appointment.Please note the links below are for current students. If you are a new incoming first-year or transfer student for the upcoming semester, you will need to contact Angie Russell at firstname.lastname@example.org in Admissions to request a change of major. (Please be aware that a minimum 2.3 gpa will be required for all transfer students and some CEHHS programs require an additional review for transfer admission.) Advising appointments for new incoming students are included as part of the orientation experience, and information will be provided after you register for new student orientation.
- For Kinesiology and Sport Management
- For Therapeutic Recreation
- For Nutrition
- For HTM and RMM
- For Child & Family Studies
- For Audiology & Speech Pathology and Public Health
- For Teacher Education (Major)
- For Teacher Education (Minor)
Please note: you must sign in with your UTK Net ID and password in order to access forms. You should receive additional communication about scheduling an appointment within seven (7) business days. For questions regarding the information requested please contact email@example.com or 865-974-8194.
Welcome to the College of Education, Health, and Human Sciences! If you are a newly admitted transfer student or a student who plans to transfer to UT in the near future, please read the information about scheduling an advising appointment here.How to Prepare for an Advising Appointment
- Review your curriculum in the undergraduate catalog.
- Ensure you are on track to meet progression standards by reviewing your DARs (Degree Audit Report).
- Please follow this link to learn how to appropriately run your own DARs report.
- Prepare a list of questions that you would like to ask your advisor.
- Follow through on referrals proposed by your advisor.
If you have questions at any time, please feel free to either schedule an appointment, or email your advisor. You can find a list of our staff, including email addresses on our staff page.Teacher Education Students
You have three advisors:
- Major Advisor—This is the advisor in your academic field. For all programs that involve a minor, this is your arts and sciences advisor. For students in PreK–K, PreK–3, Elementary Education, Secondary Social Science Education, VolsTeach (majors), Second Language (majors) and Special Education this is an advisor assigned to you from from our advising center once you have arrived on campus.
- Teacher Licensure Advisor—This is the advisor you see every semester from the time you are interested in teaching until you finish your internship. Again, if you are a teacher education minor, please see your arts and sciences advisor to be cleared.
- Program Coordinator—This will be the faculty member you are assigned to after being admitted through the application process.
Find us on Campus
The CEHHS Advising Center is open Monday–Friday from 8 a.m.–5 p.m. with appointment availability from 8:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. If you need to make an appointment outside of these times, please let the front desk know by calling 865-974-8194, and we will try to assist you.332 Bailey Education Complex
1122 Volunteer Boulevard
|Advising Campaigns – What you need to know
Twice a year (the Fall and Spring) our advising office is participates in Advising Campaigns, which helps our current CEHHS students meet with their advisor as quickly as possible.
Here is our process:
|What do you need to do?
|What if there are no appointment slots?
If all appointment slots are taken and you see no availability for a while, try not to panic. We open a new week of availability every Monday (or start of the week) between 8:00 AM and 9:00 AM. Use the link your advisor sent to check back each Monday and throughout the week for cancellations. Please be patient while work to create availability.
If you have any questions or concerns, you are always welcome to reach out to your advisor directly or email our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 875-974-8194. Please try to review your degree audit – DARS – beforehand.