Schedule an Advising Appointment
As a part of our new advising process you now have an assigned CEHHS advisor. You will receive an email from Casey Darby with the EHHS Advising Center containing a link that will allow you to schedule an appointment with your assigned advisor. Please be sure to monitor your UT email so that you do not miss this communication.
If you are currently in a major outside of the College of Education, Health, and Human Sciences and are interested in changing your major, please email the following information to Meagan Spillers at email@example.com:
- Student name, UT student ID, requested major/education program, current cumulative UT GPA (GPA can be found on MyUTK under “Academic Resources” by clicking on Academic History)
- Note: the minimum GPA requirement for the College of Education, Health and Human Sciences is 2.3.
You should receive additional communication about scheduling an appointment within one week. For questions regarding the information requested please contact Meagan Spillers at 865-974-8194.
Please call 865-974-8194 to find out more about scheduling an appointment with our center. Please note that during peak advising (October – December and March – May), our first available appointment could be two or more weeks from the day you call.
How to Prepare for an Advising Appointment
- Review your curriculum in the undergraduate catalog.
- Ensure you are on track to meet progression standards by reviewing your DARs (Degree Audit Report).
- Please follow this link to learn how to appropriately run your own DARs report.
- Prepare a list of questions that you would like to ask your advisor.
- Follow through on referrals proposed by your advisor.
If you have questions at any time, please feel free to either schedule an appointment, or email your advisor. You can find a list of our staff, including email addresses on our staff page.
Teacher Education Students
You have three advisors:
- Major Advisor—This is the advisor in your academic field. For all programs that involve a minor, this is your arts and sciences advisor. For students in PreK–K, PreK–3 and special education this is an advisor assigned to you from that specific department once you have arrived on campus and have been admitted into the program.
- Teacher Licensure Advisor—This is the advisor you see every semester from the time you are interested in teaching until you finish your internship. Again, if you are a teacher education minor, please see your arts and sciences advisor to be cleared.
- Program Coordinator—This will be the faculty member you are assigned to after being admitted through the interview process.
Find us on Campus
The CEHHS Advising Center is open Monday–Friday from 8 a.m.–5 p.m. with appointment availability from 8:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. If you need to make an appointment outside of these times, please let the receptionist know by calling 865-974-8194, and we will try to assist you. Walk-In hours are available during the first week of classes from 8 – 11:30 a.m. and 1 – 3:30 p.m.
332 Bailey Education Complex
1122 Volunteer Boulevard
Items of Interest
Prior to advanced registration, all undergraduate students who have earned fewer than 30 hours at UT (AP, DP, and transfer credit not included), students who are on academic review, and students who have not officially declared a major are required to meet with an advisor during each term of the academic year (fall and spring). All other students are required to meet with an advisor for an advising appointment during a designated term each year. Students whose ID ends with an even number (including zero) are advised in fall for spring registration; students whose ID ends with an odd number are advised in spring for fall registration.
All students are encouraged to meet with an advisor each term to ensure degree progression.