Skip to content Skip to main navigation Report an accessibility issue



By petition, a student may be permitted to substitute one course for another in meeting a requirement, to waive a particular requirement or have it modified in some way, or to include in his/her program something that is not provided for in the published curriculum. Petitions are typically initiated by the student after discussion with their advisor, but must receive final approval from the general education committee, the related department head, and/or the director of student advising services depending on the type of petition.

Petition Forms and Required Petitioning Guidelines

Teacher Licensure Forms

  • Senior Privilege—Your teacher licensure advisor can sign for the department.
  • Financial Aid for Post Baccalaureate Students – Please email OneStop at to request financial aid as a post baccalaureate teacher education student. Please be sure to include your student ID number in the email.
  • Permission to enroll in Educational Psychology 401 and Special Education 402 is for summer term only. For students wanting to enroll for the Fall 2019 term, please contact the instructor(s) of the course.
  • Learning Disabilities Foundations Permission (SPED Majors only)

Scholarship Resources

  • For undergraduate scholarship applications and information, please visit One Stop. Any college-specific scholarships are automatically directed to our center by the One Stop office.
  • Graduate Scholarship Application (application created using google docs)  **Please note that in order to complete the electronic application you must be logged into your UT issued google account. This is simply your netID and password.
  • Teacher Licensure Loan Forgiveness – This link is available to any teacher who has 5 years of teaching experience in a Title I school.  Please follow the link for a lot more detailed information.